Venice is one of those places one dreams about visiting. It’s a bucket list destination full of legends, art, myths and plenty to explore!
If you are heading to Venice, here are a few things to remember before you hit the road…. I mean lagoon.
- There are no cars allowed on Venice. No cars. This means you need to take a train, or boat to the city. Trains arrive on the main island through Santa Lucia station. Planes are at the Marco Polo airport, where the train or a bit can be taken into the lagoon. If you have a car leave your car parked and take the ferry to Venice, Lido or other island.
- Take the Gondola ride! It’s expensive but worth every second. You wouldn’t go to Paris and miss the Eiffel Tower, don’t miss the Gondolas!
- Travel in the off season! Avoid the crowds and have a better time. Go in the fall or early spring to see more with less chaos.
- Learn a little. Pick up a book or two before you go and learn some about the rich history of Venice. This will bring everything you see more to life.
- Get off the main island. If you have time, get out and explore the Venice Lagoon islands such as Burano and Murano for charming villages and awesome art. If a beach is more your style, head to Lido.
Leave a Reply