I recently traveled to Iowa with my Great-Aunt and her granddaughter Ivy. Ivy would then be my second cousin (I think) and her dad, who is the same age as my husband is my first cousin once-removed. Here is a chart I am basing this on: click here.
This bundle of adorable wants to be a dragon🐲 when she grows up! All weekend she was growling, “burning me with fire”, and pretending to bite off fingers. 😂🐉 Never lose your imagination miss Ivy, thank you for making our lives more exciting…. and full of fire 🔥!… #nevergrowup #nevergrowupitsatrap #cousins
What was one of the best parts of traveling on this trip was going with a Ivy was how different it was to travel with a little kid. She was such a trooper too, but I also have to laugh at how amusing it is to travel with children. If you want to learn more on our adventure, read about the great Omaha Zoo!
Here is my list of observations:
Travels with a 4-year old
- They will stick their finger into something that hurts, and start screaming
- This episode was brought to you by a soda cup lid
- They will refuse to eat, drink, and/or pee
- Forcing them to is sometimes ok, and sometimes a match of wills
- They will say they don’t want an ice cream cone
- Then you buy the ice cream cone for you; they want it and take it.
- Then they eat about four bites and don’t want it anymore.
- All while you have since ordered yourself a NEW ice cream cone.
- They won’t sleep in the car without a fuss
- They will ask 20 times if you are there yet
- They will cry over having to put pajamas on
- There will be misunderstandings over mumbles, whining, and stories.
- Someone may cry over this.
- Multiple people may cry over this
- Tears will be shed over automatic dryers and toilets at restaurants and rest stops on the way.
- Someone will lose a sock, or socks.
- Shoes will be taken off and misplaced
- Beloved stuff toys will be misplaced
- There will be unbelievable joy
- Followed by horrific meltdowns
- They will fall over their toes at least half a dozen times
- Half of these times, they will cry out of embarrassment and shock, not actual injury
- They will get lost and turned around in a crowd
- This will also lead to panic and meltdown
- They will be wearing some of their food
- They will play a game of keep away when needing to get dressed.
- This will put everyone in hysterical laughter at how cute and funny it is
- They will get dehydrated and hot and whiney from being outside
- Make sure you force water down their throat
- Trains are seen as absolutely amazing
- Stick them on one to prevent meltdowns over tired feet
- They will want a giant lollipop from the gift shop
- They will get the giant lolli
- They will never eat the giant lolli OR
- They will eat some of it and you will find the rest stuck to the car in the worst possible way
What are your favorite kid moments?